Purpose: To read and review The Family, A Proclamation to the World teachings while using the theme of the Plan of Salvation teachings.
Scripture: Ephesians 5:8
Song: "Teach Me to Walk in the Light"
Lesson & Activity:
When you want to further discuss the teachings within the Plan of Salvation, you can use the doctrine found in this divine document.
You can pick up a copy of the proclamation for about 30-50¢ or so each through the church distribution center.
I would suggest having a copy for each individual in your family that can write. You can color code the family proclamation based on areas/teachings of the Plan of Salvation.
1. Where does the proclamation share with us what we can learn about ourselves in the pre-mortal life?
2. What do we learn about our purpose of life here on earth?
...and so on.
If you haven't already reviewed the Plan of Salvation with your family, be sure to use this helpful Family Home Evening lesson to teach them about it!
Click here for the...Family Proclamation
Purpose: Some of the most basic and important questions in life are answered by understanding the Plan of Salvation. Where did I come from? Why am I here? What happens to me after this life?
The Plan of Salvation also has other names in the scriptures such as the Plan of Happiness. Can you think of other names?
Scripture: Doc & Cov 14:7
Song: "I Am A Child of God"
Many people go through life not knowing that we lived with our loving Father in Heaven beforehand. They also never know and really understand the purpose of life and why we are here in Earth. Our Father in Heaven loves us so much that he wants us to understand who we really are, what our purpose and role is here on Earth and what happens to us after this life.
Having this understanding and knowledge brings peace to our hearts and minds when loved ones die. It also helps us to understand our divine attributes and heritage as we develop our self worth.
Our Father in Heaven provided a way for us to gain a body, come to Earth, to learn, be tested and grow. Because we would make mistakes, He also provided a Savior for us to be able to be forgiven of our mistakes and return to live with Him again. This Savior is Jesus Christ, who came to Earth just as we did to live in a mortal body like us, to feel pain, sorry, happiness, sadness, loneliness...all the feelings we would feel so that He can help us overcome anything.
1. Why is helpful to know where we came from, why we're here or what happens to us after this life?
2. Who helped us have this knowledge restored?
3. What peace has this knowledge brought to you throughout your life?
Activity: Plan of Salvation Scripture Puzzle
1. Cut out the scriptures into strips. Make sure that each person has their own set of this complete scripture list.
2. Each family member should have their own set of scriptures - DO NOT USE ELECTRONIC VERSIONS. Only use paper versions of the scriptures so that there's more of a chase!
3. Match the scriptures to the coordinating part of the Plan of Salvation on the chart.
The person who finishes FIRST & has ALL of the scriptures matching correctly WINS!
Scriptures & Chart: See below for printables!
Treat: Homemade Doughnut Holes & Hot Chocolate
Easy Homemade Glazed Doughnut Holes (JustATaste.com)
Yield: About 2 dozen
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 5 min
Make the glaze:
Doughnut batter recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.
JUST A NOTE:
Welcome to Family Home Evenings! So glad you're here and hope that you find the lesson you need for your family or group!