With the summer days winding down and the new school year about to begin, here is a list of 25 Activities you MUST do before summer is over!
I’m sure you’ve gone swimming, gone to a movie and those types of summer activities— but, complete this revised Summer Bucket List to finish the season with a BANG!
Summer Activity Bucket List:
1. Put together a Lemonade Stand and give away cups of ice-cold lemonade
2. Buy a giant watermelon, go outside with spoons and eat the watermelon. Afterwards, wash off with a hose!
3. Create and go on a scavenger hunt or go Geocahing.
4. Gather lots of sidewalk chalk and create your favorite summer vacation spot outside. Make it big, colorful and have fun!
5. If you live where there are fireflies, go outside and enjoy them. Pick out one and see how long you can follow its light around.
6. Attend your state/county fair.
7. Go on a day trip somewhere new, fun and away from home.
8. Spend a day barefoot.
9. Hang sheets on a clothesline and run through them with your children.
10. Get white T-shirts and tye dye them!
11. Take a blanket, go outside and watch the clouds and make shapes/things out of the clouds.
12. Make homemade ice-cream in a bag.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
- Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
- 1 pint-size ziplock bag
- 1 gallon-size ziplock bag
- Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly.
- Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it’s done.
- Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy cleanup too! Serves 1.
13. Melt crayons on a canvas.
14. Pack a lunch and go on a picnic to a new park you’ve never been to before.
15. Pitch a tent in your backyard and camp overnight– NO ELECTRONICS ALLOWED!
16. Make cards and deliver them with flowers to widows and shut-ins.
17. Get some old socks and make some puppets and put on a puppet show.
18. Get a white sheet hang it outside, projector and lap top and have an outdoor movie with your family and friends.
19. Organize and put on a neighborhood talent show.
20. Have a HUGE water fight.
21. Try new cookie recipes and take your new favorites to some friends.
22. Swing on a swing for a long time… twist your swing and spin around.
23. Host a family game night.
24. Organize and hold a family reunion.
25. Finger paint and create an art gallery in your home.
What are some of your favorite summer activities?